hi everyone,

sorry it's been a long time since i've posted. i was feeling so great i threw myself back into my dissertation and was swamped with work. just when i thought everything was going to be fine, my jawbone decided to poke through my chin!

my dr's officially confirmed that my jaw didn't heal correctly. in fact, it is disentegrating and has a big gap in it. on march 11th i get to go under the knife once again so they can fix it.

the worst part is not knowing what i will wake up with. they can't say for sure if i will need another trach, skin graft or even if i will need a bone graft.

i feel like i'll be boarding the starship enterprize to travel off into the great unknown!
i ask for good thoughts and positive energy from everyone. i'm ready for this surgery because it doesn't come along with radiation and chemo. i'll take anything as long as i don't have to do those again.

smiles, hugs and giggles to all!

I survived because I kept hope alive!!! Live, laugh, love and keep fighting hard.
Jeanette
Stage 3 oral cancer...over 60% of tongue and all lymph nodes on right side removed...July 2002.
Chemo and Radiation...ended September 2002.