Don,

I was almost a Unknown Primary (UP since you like initials) but they were able to find my primary at my BOT and I assume they checked there for yours? I have one comment on the statement made by your RO re treating more areas w/ greater intensity and that is most of us receive the maximum amount of rad they think they can give us during our treatment, primary found or not, so you may want to ask what exactly that statement means.

Tell me more about you. Did tobacco play a role on your cancer? Where are you being treated? Age?

I had mets to 2 nodes and I was told that because of that I was automatically a Stage IV.

As others have said eat like there's no tomorrow because before long nothing will taste remotely good and then you may also have swallowing problems. Avoid using the Peg until you absolutely need it. Keep swallowing throughout the entire Tx. Keep hydrated and get the recommended calories EACH AND EVERY DAY. Do not miss a water or food feeding or it will come back to haunt you.

Ask any question you may have. remember there are no dumb questions....

You are very fortunate (other than the cancer of course) to have hooked up with this site as it will prove to be the most valuable non medical "member" of your cancer eliminating team.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.