I have been gone for awhile. So much going on in my personal life, I have not had time to check in. I hope everyone is doing well, and still fighting! smile

An update on us... Dad is doing pretty good. Waiting on results of latest scan. Still not back at work, still has PEG, still having trouble swallowing, still having phlegm issues, and still really thin. Only just now starting to nibble on some food. Not sure if it was lack of ability or stubbornness... haha. (For those of you who remember Dad's personality! wink ) He is enjoying the smells of food again and is making all kinds of food for Mom! HAHA. She is complaining that she is gaining the weight he is losing! crazy

Anyway, just wanted to check in. smile

*A special hello and thank you to Jim, Dell, Deb, David (and countless others) for helping me get through this....

Dad: Age 65 Heavy smoker/drinker. Biopsy-No surgery. Cancer base of tongue/throat. "Invasive Squamous Carcinoma RRT" --Beginning 1/9/08: IMRT treatments (5X/wk),chemo pills (4/day) and Chemo IV (once/wk) PEG tube inserted 1/25/08. Treatments ended 2/26/08

JUNE 30, 2008 Officially CANCER FREE!!!