Kim,

Believe me we all want the "Miracle Cure" but don't you think that if something was medically proven to cure (or treat it more humanely ) a specific cancer that the leading cancer centers, i.e. CCC's would likely be the first to start using it with their patients?

I was approached by many well wishing friends and clients when I was Dx'ed and I am convinced that I would be dead today if I hadn't been treated as I was. I had the misfortune to witness 2 different people within the past year and a half that ignored the advice they got from Moffitt and went the less proven route and both are buried. Granted one was 94 and did not want to get nuked but the other had potentially another 20 years to live but both paid a lot of money to die nonetheless.

The cancer treatment today for Oral Cancers may be brutal but in the majority of cases the patient lives to complain about it and many of us were Stage IV's when Dx'ed. I have also seen improvements in the Tx protocal just in the 2 years I have been associated with my cancer so I'm confident that progress will continue to be made in the medically correct path dictated by our existing laws.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.