Hi Everyone,

Please keep Mary in your prayers today-she is having her MRND, esophageal dilation and port removal today. She is soooo nervous, but the docs promise this will be the last "hurdle", then it is "very close monitoring".

It never ceases to amaze me what comes out of the mouths of some people. One woman, who works for a H&N surgeon told Mary that a "MRND is really tough surgery-harder than brain surgery". Another asked her if her head would lean to one side after the surgery since a muscle is being removed.
Hello????? Why would you say this to someone who is facing this surgery in the next couple of days?? Some people truly need a filter placed between their brain and their mouth! Mary and I have a name for these people, but I cannot repeat it here. LOL :~)
Sorry I had to vent for a moment... Thank goodness for the most part people are very supportive with their comments.

Thanks for any prayers sent our way, and I'll let you know how she makes out.

Liz

CG to friend Mary. SCC Stage IV-A of rt. tonsil, mets. to lymph node on rt. DX 06/07,tonsillectomy 08/07, Chemo Cisplatin, Taxotere and 5FU X3 cycles; RAD completed 1/20/08 RND scheduled for 3/08. 54yr.old, NS, social drinker.