Hey, I just found out this great website this morning. I have been living in panic for the past 6 months.

My name is Jenny(31 female) with no history of smoking and drinking. I have been having chronic sore throat, numbness of the tongue, pain in neck and ear for about 6 months. I went to 4 different ENTs (including 1 head and neck oncologist), 1 dentist and 1 oral surgeon. None of them are able to tell me what the problem is. Even I knew HPV-caused oral cancer is fairly new subject, still I brought up my concern with HPV and oral cancer, but I was told there is no such connection. My condition has gotten progressively worse lately, I could not focus on my work, could not sleep and I am living in fear every day. I do not want to wait here doing nothing until the cancer comes. I have been doing a lot of research regarding oral cancer, HPV and their connection. The more I read, the more I am concerned that I may get infected with HPV around my neck and mouth, and seriously worry that I may be in dangerous situation.

The following is the history of my present illness:
1. Started feeling bump on the roof of the mouth, as well as numbness of the left side of the tongue and facial pain, along with chronic throat pain. CT-neck (12/07)shows no significant complicating process was seen in the CT of the neck. Less than 9mm size left single jugulodigastric lymph node. Tiny to small to be characterized by hypodensity in the left lobe of the thyroid. I was told there was nothing to concern about.
2. Continue to have the above symptoms and start having neck pain, swelling lymph nodes, something stuck in my throat.
3. US-thyroid (2/08) shows small hypoechoic solid nodule with central calcification the the left lobe of the thyroid gland. Bilateral small cervical lymph nodes.
4. Last visit to ENT(3/21/08) was told stomach acid reflex and priscirbed prilosec. But I do not have any reflex problem. Continue to have neck pain and swelling lymph node.

Based on the symptoms I am having, I really look forward to having myself fully diagnosed to know whether I have been infected with HPV in my oral and whether I am in early stage of oral cancer. I am so frustrated I could not find a good doctor who can tell me the problem.
Therefore I hope to get more information regarding where I can get this kind full check up. and what I should do now.

Thank you very much

Jenny