Michelle,

Not sure I know what you mean by boost? Most of us that got the rad, got close to or the max amount of rad which I was told is about 70 Gy. Now as Gary points out some CCC's are trying different ways to reach that max by doing twice dailys the whole time or the last few weeks or only on Fridays or even cutting the delivery weeks in half. At Moffitt, almost 2 years ago (yeah), I just got a pretty much even dose each day but the last few weeks they spent all of the rad time on the 2 most potential areas. When I taught the class with Dr Trotti (my RO)a few months ago at Moffitt I know he spent a while telling the med students that they were beginning to use different accelerated radiation methods on H & N patients.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.