Christine, I am so so sorry to read this news. I remember feeling very concerned for you getting through this the first time without a caretaker. The hospital where you were treated should have a social worker and part of their job is to help people such as you who need the help a family member or caregiver might provide in other circumstances. I would talk to them as soon as you can. Also I think the American Cancer Society often has volunteers who will provide transportation to and from treatments if needed and they may be willing to help in other ways as well.

How old are your children? Are you affiliated with a religious group that could provide any support? Are there patient support groups in your area that might have knowledge about available resources?

Keep posting here and we will try to support you as much as we can over the internet. You are in my thoughts.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"