I'm so upset and feeling an overwhelming amount of emotions. I suppose he belongs in this group now too as they say he has a tumor on his esphogus which they are giving him 3 wks of IMRT and then he is off to see the MO again. This is is third bought with the lung cancer. He has had two surgeries over the last few years they removed part of the upper lode and then the lower just last year.
I don't know where to really look to find good info --so spoiled here on this site--again--THANK YOU BRIAN!!
I am hurting for Eddie, and all of his family....especially his dad, he's such a sweet person, loving grandfather and he's been a wonderful friend to me and has become kind of close to my mom through her journey.
They currently are only giving him vicodin for pain, they want to wait for the last two tx's before they medicate him further since Ed's sister Nancy is the primary CG and she can barely manage moving him around. I'm disappointed, it seems to me that there has to be more they can give him that won't dope him up so much that he won't be able to manage.
My understanding of his prognosis is that it is very poor. I'm heartbroken and honestly--mad as hell!
I went to a viewing last night where the woman was an alcoholic and died from drinking--can't recall the medical term. The priest was speaking and I could feel the anger rising, him saying we had to pay here on earth....(did you ever want to jump up and scream what you really felt inside??)
I can feel that lead box falling in around me, I'm scared and want to be strong--have to be, and want this man to beat his odds.
PLEASE keep him in your thoughts. His name is Ed, he should wear a white cowboy hat, he's one of the good guys.
Thanks for any advice, and for ALWAYS being here for me.
Love,
Donna

Donna
CG to Mom, dx 4/25/07 with tongue cancer,T3N0,tx began 7/6/07, 31 tx's of IMRT, 8 cycles of Erbitux. Brachytherapy, surgery, left neck dissection and temp trach placed all on 9/17/07, trach removed 10/17/07. ORN of jaw, late effect of radiation symptoms. **lost my beautiful mother on 5/5/11.