To my mind, the issues of people who can't swallow well enough to even want a cookbook get buried in the "after treatment issues". I mean, it seems to me at least roughly biweekly someone new shows up with really serious long term swallowing issues: they are using a bougie or they have a stricture or they have been told if they have a dilitation their esophagus could be perforated or their esophagus has been perforated. And often the responses they get in "after treatment issues" are from people who lack knowledge about those issues and they probably have a hard time finding the threads from those of us who do also deal wioth those long term swallowing issues.

Though I am not one of the people who asked Brian for the new forum, and with all due respect to the people who want a cookbook, I think helping these people suffering long term issues with dypsphagia, which has it's own set of medical treatments and procedures, is really critical.

And I honestly can't see why you would need a whole forum for recipes. That should be a thread or two on a larger forum.

Besides, the description of the forum clearly states that it is a forum for discussing issues such as strictures and dypsphagia as well as eating related issues.

Nelie

Last edited by Nelie; 02-25-2008 01:46 PM. Reason: typos

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"