I just came home from the Radiology oncoligist. He is upset that the Dr at the James Cancer center in Columbus didn't do neck disection on the right side too. It shows some activity there too. Starting Monday, I will have rasiation daily for 4 weeks, starting tuesday, I will get chemo once a week. After that I will have a neck disection on the right side, LOL matching scars. Then I will get the tongue implants. These tubes age inserted into your tongue from under you chin. I might need a feeding tube to ease the pain because of the dryness and burning in my throat. Dr said I will lose my taste and saliva function for some where around a year, maybe longer. He told me again I will be in isolation for at least 3 days and out of it to help me thru the implants and because I will be radioactive.
I'll probably think of things I'm forgetting right now. But you know how these old minds are. LOL This might not be in order but they are close.

Since posting this. UPMC, Pittsburgh, Oct 2011 until Jan. I averaged about 2 to 3 surgeries a week there. w Can't have jaw made as bone is deteroriating steaily that is left in jaw. Mersa is to blame. Feeding tube . Had trach for 4mos. Got it out April.
--- Passed away 5/14/14, will be greatly missed by everyone here