Thanks so much for the several of you who were writing.

It sounds like some of you are vey similar to me with several recurrences. I have constant pain with my sores and leukoplakia. I've had two surgeries in the last 3 months both ending with clean margins and no radiation or chemo has been recommended ever. The Dr. tells me that chemo is not appropriate for this type of cander and he wants to "save" radiation for a later time. ]\\

We do catch these early as I get checked every 90 days and some times sooner if I'm complaining a lot about the sores.

I also see a pain mgmt Dr. who has me on morphine and fentanol suckers 24/7. They make me feel physically better but very 'fuzzy". It's very hard to concentrate at work.

I was ok after the first several surgeries as I would have several years between them, but now they come more often and I'm getting very depressed about it now becasue every time I start to get my life back together, here comes another surgery.

Any suggestions on dealing with the emotional aspect better.

I feel that working 30 hours a week instead of full time, might ease things up a bit, but my oncologist feels gung ho on my getting back to regular life immediately after each surgery.

I did get a note from my pcp to slowly add hours at work over the month, but as I add the hours, I get more and more tired and my mouth ends up hurting more and more.

I don't want to loose my job or the benefits it has, but I'm totally emotionally not ready to go back to woik.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please help! frown

--------------------
Leslie

Leslie