Thanks for your thoughts and I will certainly be asking many more questions this week; we only had about 10 minutes with the doctor and during that time we were, naturally, in shock. I feel as fit as a flea (!) although since they told me, my shoulders are so tense and I'm scared of every twinge in case it's a sign of growth. They did say that I might not have any symptoms for a few weeks but now I daren't take a deep breath in case it hurts. No discomfort in my shoulders when I wake up, but as soon as my mind starts racing, I feel like I have 'stitches' under one shoulder, although the opposite side to the lung they say has the most cancer.
I suppose that a CT scan is fairly conclusive? Would a biopsy be worth trying, given that it appears to be in two areas, one extensive in one lung and one a patch? I asked if it could be anything else, but they said, very gently, 'virtually nil chance'
Odd to feel otherwise well when you have been told you could have weeks to live, though isn't it? I have healed so well after the surgery and had just returned to work, feeling fine.
Ridiculous I know but I kind of wish I could just ignore it and hope it heals itself! Ah, wishful thinking!
Wishing you all continuing good health and sunshine.