Back in Jan. of this year, my half sister who lives some distance away phoned me to inform me that she was having throat surgery to remove some polyp's. She was very scared at that time as you can imagine. However she didn't change her lifestyle...went right back to smoking and drinking and she STILL indulges. Luckily for her the biopsy proved it was benign. Since this happened to her, it gave me greater concern about my own self and I started doing self exams. Very next month I found a lump or a swollen gland(I thought). I had my biopsy in March, two months after hers and that's when I was diagnosed. I credit my sister to saving my life and having this thing caught at stage 1. However I am very concerned about her. Could her polyp's be a prelude to something else, is she more at risk now than someone who never had polyp's? I'm concerned about her smoking/drinking combo too. I also had those bad habits but quit pronto after reality hit me in the face. We don't know much about family history, we were raised separatly and neither of us with the biological mother. The mother never confirmed who the fathers were and she is deceased now. Is there any info you can give me about her polyp's and habits? Is there any likelihood that she could end up in the same boat as me so to speak?

unknown primary, one node,left neck radical dissection, 3 chemo, 33 rads. treatment ended 6-15-05