bobd;
Yes, I still drink water at room temperature and the few occasions we have went out I order my water (or tea) with no ice. 4 months out now and I have started to handle warmer (temperature wise) foods at this point, and every day is an improvement. Most things still have to be very bland (and soft) to tolerate. As far as Biotene products, Meijer (I noticed you're from Michigan) carries them. I've also seen the mouthwash at our Walmart and I asked them about the gum and they had it behind the counter (I think the gum has been a huge help combating Trismus, and I thought I would never chew a piece of gum again! My therapist said limit the usage to like 10 to 15 minutes or so at a time right now). I agree with everyone else, keep pushing yourself. It gets better.
Best Regards,

Steve

SCC right side BOT/FOM; DX 1-25-06; Neck dissection/25% of tongue removed 2-17-06. Stage 2 Recurrence 7-06: IMRTX35 & 3X Cisplatin ended 10-18-06. Tumor found 03/18/13; Partial Glossectomy 03/28/13 left lateral tongue. Nov. 2014; headaches,lump on left side of throat. Radical Neck Dissection 12-17-14; Tumor into nerves/jugular; Surgery successful, IMRTX30 & 7X Erbotux. Scan 06-03-15; NED! 06-02-16; Mets to left Humerus bone and lesion on lungs-here We go again! Never, Ever Give Up!

**** PASSED AWAY 10/8/16 ****