Hi all,
My daughter is 4 wks post tx radiation & has fallen into a deep hole. She's lost more weight (under 100 lbs, can't get her to pump more calories thru the PEG tube, & is severely depressed because she still has so much throat pain & can't eat. After reading a lot of posts over these last 3 months I'm aware that depression is pretty normal. The MO and DO both told her yesterday that she needs to get out & be around people & not 'stay in her jammies all day & keep falling in bed', which is exactly what she's doing. She gets up in the am & takes her boys to school, comes back & goes back to bed until time for them to come back home in the afternoon. I called one of her good friends today & asked if she'd give Teri a call & try to get her out (I told her not to tell Teri I'd called her). However, obviously Teri figured out I'd prompted the call & let me have it. She accused me of overstepping my boundry & disrespecting her by making the call! I tried to explain that I was just trying to help her because I love her but she told me again I'd overstepped my bounds & that she's not a child. This is really hard because she is a single mom & I've been the 100% caregiver since diagnosis back in Sept. I've been to every dr appt, radiation appt, hydration appt, made all the med runs, etc etc etc. I know this is really tough on her & it's always very easy to lash out at mom & I can handle that part. However, I know this depression is real & now that she's so upset with me & refuses to see any of her friends, I don't know where to go. She's absolutely refusing any help. Any suggestions?
Bonnie
--------------
CG 41-yo daughter, stg 3 SCC lateral tongue, partial glossectomy, mod neck dissection, 1 pos node, IMRT x 30 complete 12/22