Steve,

I agree that it is better than the alternatives. It is strange but each day I have a couple new follicles as my beard tries to grow back. In some ways I feel like a teenager again, checking every day and hoping for my facial hair to grow. Thankfully that is the only way I feel like a teenager again. Those are some years I would never want to re-live, especially 13 to 16 years old. UGH!

By the way Steve, congratulations as you approach your one year anniversary. In some ways I consider the day that I finished treatment as the day I was reborn so it will be more of a birthday rather than an anniversary for me. I plan on celebrating that time by running a marathon (my 5th). How does everyone else choose to commemorate those milestones? I would be interested to know if you choose a private affair or if you will tell everyone you know and celebrate. I do not think there is any right way to proceed. I am just curious.

I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to any replies.

Gary

SCC left Buccal Mucosa (cheek). Surgery with Modified Radical Neck (23 lymph nodes - all clear). IMRT x 30. Finished tx 11-21-06
"Don't give up, don't ever give up!"