I recently moved from currently in treatment to after treatment board. Let me say this to all those folks that say the 1st two weeks following radiation are ther roughest. You are so right. Here's what's happened with me in my first week out. I have such bad mucous in my throat that I can't get anything past it so most of my eating is done via the PEG. That is when I can eat, I have had the worst nausea, I believe brought on by the mucous/phlem. The MO departmant has been great they hook me up with 2 bags of fluid everyday and give me zofran/morphine via my port. That enables me to eat at least a couple of bags of PEG food a day. If we can't get this nausea thing under control they want me to go inpatient for a few days to figure it out.

The next two weeks have to get better, I pray they will. Has anyone got any advice/experience based on their first couple of weeks following radaition treatment.

Tim Stoj
60 yr old. Dx Jun 06 with BOT Stage IV. Neck dissesction on 19 Jun 06. Started Tx on 21 Aug 06/completed 33 IMRTs and 3 CT (2 Cisplat & 1 Carboplat) on 5 Oct 06.