Hello....
I've had my PEG tube since March of this year. I finished treatment at the end of May. I'm just now venturing back into solid foods - I've been on the Ensure pretty much the whole time until now.
Anyhow, my PEG tube is sore most of the time. It goes through 'phases' where it seems more sore and I notice it more. I'm in one of those right now. I never seem to notice that it looks any more irritated but I can definitely feel a difference. I've had my docs look at it along the way and they say it's just normal to have some soreness - you have a hole in your gut which is trying to heal but can't because of the tube.

I'm awaiting a PET scan to see if we got it all - I decided not to have the tube pulled until I get the official 'remission' status from the docs.

Just wanted to pass along that I've been sore too and from what I've seen/heard it's farily normal to have that. If you see a marked increase in redness or swelling, etc, obviously that should be checked out further as infection is still possible.

-Steve

Age 41 - Stage 2 SCC tongue Dx 2/06. Cisplatin x3, IMRT x35. Mets to neck node discovered 7/07. RND 40 nodes removed, margins not clear. Cisplatin, Taxotere, 5-FU Fall 07, then IMXT/Erbitux for 7 wks. Inoperable mets to both lungs and pleura Dx Oct'08. 4 cycles Carboplatin, Erbitux, 5-FU so far.