My dentist who failed to tell me I needed a biopsy (until the third time he saw the cancer when it had gotten much larger) does know he missed saying something earlier. My husband let him know. The thing is, he's a very likable guy and that does make a difference to me (even though it probably shouldn't).

Someone told me about some research that had been done on the body language of doctors with their patients. They could predict from the body language which docs would get sued most often. Not because body language predicts screwing up--but body language predicts how much the patients personally like their docs and when patients like a doc they don't end up suing as much even when something goes wrong.

Sorry. Kind of off-topic but as an experimental psychologist I found that pretty interesting....

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"