I have a followup PET scheduled next week. It's on Wednesday morning but before that on Tuesday morning, about 23/24 hours before the PET, I have a physical therapy appointment. This is the physical therapist who does massage of areas inside my mouth as well as my neck around the dissection scar, and the outside of my face/jaw where I had radiation and the tissue is still slightly puffy/stiff.

My question is this: she really works the tissue--usually to the point where it really hurts while she's doing it, although it always feels looser afterwards. Is this something that could show up 24 hours later as a hotspot on the PET? Or am I worrying too much?

Is there anything else I might want to avoid ahed of time to avoid false positives on the PET?

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"