Hello all,

I have a question and am hoping that the answer is benign!

Harry is scheduled to have an MRI on his head this coming Tuesday. Here are the symptoms...

He has had very weird memory issues. Not just forgetting things but he has actually created things that have never happened and swore they did. He cannot keep time straight. For example, something that happened this morning he thinks happened 2 weeks ago and the other way around as well.

Physical symptoms: frequent severe headaches. He seems to have these 3-5 times a week. I keep catching him rubbing the back of his head and neck. Often with his eyes closed and for long periods. When I ask he says that it hurts pretty badly.

My question is..... is this neck pain common after tx's? And are the headaches a normal side effect of rx or chemo? I am worried about the MRI because of the various symptoms I have observed. I have read various explanations that say it is side effects and others that it could be a brain tumor. Before I over react, I thought I might ask if anyone has experienced these same type of issues.

Thanks in advance!
Cindy confused

Caregiver to ex-husband Harry. Dx 12/10/04 SCC stg 3, BOT with 2 nodes left side. No surg/chemo x4 /rad.x37(rad comp. 03/29/05)Cisplatin/5FU(comp. 05/07/05)-T1N2M0-(cancer free 06/14/05)-(12/10/06) 2 yr. Survivor!!!