I just want to point out that the placebo effect is about something really changing for the better--just not for the reasons we may think it is changing. The power positive expectations can have on our actual physical being is pretty amazing and we can see that by the fact that placebo effects are so ubiquitous.

I guess what I'm saying is ultimately it doesn't matter what caused this guy to go home and be able to eat a taco-he had an amazing change for the better! It's not proof that acupuncture caused it, but hey. whatever. do you think he really cares?

Hey Vin, if you do that search could you come back ehre and say what you found? I am too busy to read a lot her in the next few days, but I've been thinking of trying acupuncture too so I guess I'm asking is if you'll do my homework for me since you're doing it for you anyway .... wink

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"