Thanks Brian,

I did not know that this was old news. And, I must say that the religious right comments are very discouraging to put it mildly.

Dr. Bruce Brockstein at Northwestern University's Evanston Northwestern Hospital system and a former attending physician that helped develop the current treatment protocol with Dr. Everett Vokes and Dr. Daniel Haraf at the University Of Chicago has become a personal friend and business colleague. He made the following comments regarding this.

Bob,
This is intriguing. In cervical cancer, its MUCH easier to study, as most (70-80%) are caused by HPV, and you can find PRE cancer on a reproducible, reliable site, the cervix. In the head and neck there are multiple sites and a much smaller contribution, so the target population for the study would be quite huge--though it still bears pursuing.

Just thought I would share. Bruce is a great guy and a fabulous doctor. He is interested in pursuing this. Any suggestions?

Also, Is this something that goes away on it's own, or do you and I stand a chance of recurrance do to it still being in our system? In your opinion (I will ask Bruce as well) would a vaccine do you and I any good what so ever? I am fairly certain that I contracted HNC through HPV.

Thanks again Brian. Good things.
Robert Hamilton

SCC 1.6cm Right Tonsil 10/3/03, 1 Node 3cm, T1N2AM0, Tonsil Removed, Selective Neck Disection, 4 Wks Induction Chemo (Taxol,Cisplatin), 8 Weeks Chemo/Radiation (5FU,Hydroxyurea,Iressa), IMRT x 40, Treatment Complete 2/13/04.
41 Years Old At Diagnosis