Mark and Brian,

Thanks for the reply. That's pretty much verbatim what my ENT told me. I keep a dressing on it and change it on a regular basis. Most of the drainage occurs after a meal or after drinking. There are certain ways that I can move what's remaining of my tongue and I can force fluid out of it. The original site of the fistula healed once and as luck would have it, it found an alternate drain site. I will explore my options with my ENT on my next follow up visit, which is in January. Proud to say that I've graduated from once per month visits to every three months! Slowly but surely, life is getting back to normal. A fistula is small potatoes compared to what I've experienced. At least for me. I'm glad I found this site. You guys provide an awesome service to oral cancer patients. Thanks for your reply's and keep up the good work.
John

SCC base of tongue. Diagnosed as stage IV, Sept. '04. Partial glossectomy, Radical neck dissection left side, 37 Radiation sessions, Chemo x 7 weeks. Finished treatments January '05. Cancer surivor!