Hello all.
I have not posted in months. I will be honest, this place scared me. After reading things I would just get so depressed and I would be down for days after. My wife(primary caregiver) and I decided to take a break from here for awhile.
I have been feeling great. I lost 35 pounds and have little energy..but it is coming back. I have had my peg in for a year now and I still can't swallow foods. Liquids are alright but not like it used to. The speech pathologist figures with the exercises I am doing I should be back to solid food soon enough.
I was not ready for the mental problems of the post treatment that some of you months ago warned me about. I have been seeing a psychologist for a few months now and that helps...A LOT:)
The not eating is really frustrating, the not working is frustrating...I am only 26 and should be making a living not getting a disability check.
I can say the one good thing of all this oral Cancer was that I am home with my son. We found out my wife was pregnant 3 days before my surgery...he has been my light at the end of the tunnel.
Hope I can help people around here because I have just done some reading and got some ideas on recipes to try(soups) so thank you and take care!!!

Craig