Ashwin,

I had a PET scan and an MRI to look at how I was doing three months after treatment. MY ENT made very clear to me that the PET scan, by itself, was likely to show a lot of "false positives" in terms of showing up spots that were still healing as being indistinguishable from spots where there could be cancer, which is why I also had the MRI. He also said three months after treatment was the earliest he would use a PET scan because it is very sensitive but also overly sensitive and picks up spots that are inflamed and irritated by treatment but not new cancer.

If this equipment is relatively new in India, I'd hope you could find someone familiar with these issues to interpret the PET scan for you so you don't get needlessly worried.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"