I called the ENT's office today and spoke with them about this. They tell me that it could be alergies or something. Harry was up all night having a terrible coughing fit. He cannot talk much because everytime he does he starts coughing.

The coughing fit last night left him gasping for breath several times. He has an appointment with the ENT on Tuesday afternoon. I didn't freak out at the first cough but he has had these symptoms that have gotten progressively worse over the last 2 weeks.

Harry is the kind of person that avoids the doctor's office even when he knows he needs to go. During treatments when he would dehydrate he would refuse to go to the hospital even when the doctor told him he had too and I would have to damn near have someone force him into the car.

With this history, it makes me concerned every time that there is something that might require a doctor's visit. This is why I worry.

A current example - - - recently he was diagnosed with sleep apnea and the doctor has given him a CPAP machine. He has had the machine now for almost three weeks and has not used it. I have to sleep on the couch because I cannot sleep with him. He makes a terrible noise and shakes the bed when he is trying to gasp for air.

I told the nurse this and she was quite surprised that he doesn't seem to grasp the seriousness of the problem so she made the appointment partly because he needs the doctor to tell him how very serious the breathing issue is. Plant on top of that that he is very congested from whatever alergy or cold that he has now.

Now you can see why I am concerned.

Thanks for your responses.

Cindy

Caregiver to ex-husband Harry. Dx 12/10/04 SCC stg 3, BOT with 2 nodes left side. No surg/chemo x4 /rad.x37(rad comp. 03/29/05)Cisplatin/5FU(comp. 05/07/05)-T1N2M0-(cancer free 06/14/05)-(12/10/06) 2 yr. Survivor!!!