Nellie,
I can understand what you are going through with your mouth pain. Last week I finally felt that I was able to try to eat some food. I have been on tube since 2nd week of radiation that started March 8th. Last treatment was sometime in May. I'm not good on dates plus with all the meds I was on and everything I went through I was totally oout of it. I craved food so bad that I think I rushed into eating foods I shouldn't have and since last thursday I am back on the tube.

I got a sore way in the back of my throat and my tongue has started feeling funky again. It seems like you have to really be on desparate needs to get a doctor to precribe anything. I finally got some more of the magic mouthwash about a month ago. I brush my teeth as much as I can to help get rid of the gook in my mouth.

My sister thought that the salt in the salt & soda rinse helps get rid of mucus so I made the solution stronger so I also swish with this. I have a very hard time swallowing water. If feel as if when you go under water in a pool and get water in your air pipe and choke.

I found that by going to work it helped make me stronger. I was so weak from all the weight loss (50 lbs) that everyone was concerned. Since my husband and I own the business if I felt tired I could lay down which I did a lot at first. I don't get tired as much as I first did. But by the end of the week I am ready to go to bed. I know I need to take it easy and not to do so much but it is hard when

Terry | 42 female| base of tongue w/swollen lymph nodes | Dx'd-Feb 05 | Stage IVA T2N2M0 | radiation/chemo 8 weeks finished 3rd week May/05 | bilateral neck dissection 9/2/05 45 nodes all neg.