A suggestion that we use a term different than "dives" when we discuss hyperbaric oxygen treatments. Since there is no water involved in such treatments it is confusing (and potentially frightening) to readers and newcomers here whom aren't "buzzword" knowledgeable and don't swim. I suggest Hyperbaric Oxygen TREATMENTS would be better.

For those readers that would like to know: Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments are provided by placing the patient into a container that can be pressurized slowly with air and higher concentrations of pure oxygen. The container you are placed in range in size from small enough for only one person, to large enough for several people. They are very similar to recompression chambers used for treating underwater divers whom have decompression sickness. The amount of pressurization is usually 2 atmospheres which is the same as the pressure of about 33 feet under water. That is why a single treatment is sometimes called a "dive". Once again HBO treatments do NOT involve getting wet.

Mark, 21 Year survivor, SCC right tonsil, 3 nodes positive, one with extra-capsular spread. I never asked what stage (would have scared me anyway) Right side tonsillectomy, radical neck dissection right side, maximum radiation to both sides, no chemo, no PEG, age 40 when diagnosed.