Hello, everyone.

My tumor was removed about two years ago. The surgeons removed the floor of my mouth, along with all my bottom teeth. Of course, with the radiation treatments, implants are now out of the question. When the plastic surgeon replaced the floor of my mouth, he left it completely flat. Then dental oncologist at MDAnderson, here in Houston, tried for months to make a lower denture that would adhere, but no luck. During the period of letting the skin graft grow, I had to stop all nicotine use, which I did. During my visits to my ENT doctor, she told me that alcohol had as much to do with cancer as did my cigs.

Here's the "crazy" part: About six or seven months after my skin graft, I smoked a cigarette....then another....then another. Now I'm back to smoking over a pack a day. I've also started drinking again.

I know that I have this anger inside me: I'm mad at the "cancer gods", the doctors, the world. I don't like the way the treatment has left me. I have severe dry mouth and I make my living as a dispatcher! I can't talk for 5 minutes without having to take a sip of water. The damned water goes everywhere with me! I don't have any bottom teeth so chewing is not an option. I'm sick and tired of having to "eat" soupy stuff.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Sandy mad