I am very angry at my father's radiation oncologist and am looking for some advice...

My dad finished radiation on Nov. 3rd. During treatment he was hospitilized for almost 2 weeks (very low WBC count, drug reaction, horrible mouth sores, etc.) He seemed to be doing better 2 weeks after treatment ended... he was awake more, talking much better, mouth healed, up and around, joking, etc. Then he seemed to get worse and worse. Now the swelling under his neck has come back in full force, his speech is barely understandable (he did not have surgery), he sleeps 24/7, and the mouth sores have gotten worse. We thought he was improving and now has taken 2 steps backwards.

Anyway... his first follow-up appt. with the rad. onc. was suppose to be today (9th) and the Dr's office called yesterday at 4 PM!!! to tell us that the doctor cancelled his appt. and isn't going to be back until LATE Dec. I find this completely UNACCEPTABLE!!! especially with his prior history - I would think they would keep a close eye on him!

I want to know if waiting this long (2 months) is normal and I am overreacting or should I be finding a new doctor to see him ASAP. We are all going nuts waiting to see the effects of the radiation and also wondering if & when he will need surgery (they could not do surgery prior to rad.) Any suggestions would be great! Thanks ahead of time!

Diana