Thank you Brian. This sore looks so much like the ulcers I had all through my mouth during radiation and for about 6 weeks after ending. They cleared up and all I have had is a very sore mouth. So I wasn't sure if a new one can crop up weeks after the initial ones resolved. You're right when you say it's the papilla that are irritated, the little bumps all over the top of my tongue. This spot has a sort of translucent look to it, not white actually. And if I scrape at it with my fingernail, some of the stuff will come off. I recall the docs always scraping at the mucositis in my mouth with a toungue depresser while I was having radiation. I have been eating more food by mouth this past week to ten days and it seems the more I eat the more sore my mouth gets. Very frustrating! I will start using the tube again today to give my mouth a break. I was hoping to have it removed at my appointment Nov. 4th but I think I need to keep it in. Also, my lower lip is still so sore and burned feeling, is this common? It seems to even be swollen.

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.