Wayne --

Thanks for the clarification from the source (and how coincidental that you are being treated there!). Every bit of information is helpful.

I certainly didn't mean to sound as if I was endorsing DCA as a product that everyone should run out and take -- I just wanted to point out that the report appeared to have a more scientific underpinning (publication in a well-regarded peer-reviewed journal) than, say, the Internet claims about "miracle cures" from websites no one has ever heard of.

I understand your concern about such "miracle cures," as my mother briefly looked into goji juice for macular degeneration but decided against it (gosh, it cures cancer AND macular degeneration?!?!? -- sounds like that old "Saturday Night Live" commercial parody for the product that's a floor cleaner AND a dessert topping).

-- Leslie

Leslie

April 2006: Husband dx by dentist with leukoplakia on tongue. Oral surgeon's biopsy 4/28/06: Moderate dysplasia; pathology report warned of possible "skip effect." ENT's excisional biopsy (got it all) 5/31/06: SCC in situ/small bit superficially invasive. Early detection saves lives.