I posted about this elsewhere then realized it probably belongs here. I'm going to a physical therapist who practies something called cranio-sacral massage which includes massaging the tissue in my cheeks that is so stiff and inflamed stll (and still a little puffy) as well as inside my mouth massaging along the jaw and in the temporal-mandibular joint. She has never done this on an oral cancer-radiated patient before--its a more general kind of massage that also goes over the scalp and down the neck,but I have to say it feels like she is very gently stretching spots that really could use some stretching. Has anyone else tried this? It seems like gentle stretching of tissue that was injured by raidation and well as stimulating through massage might help.

At any rate, I plan on continuing with her as long as I can afford to (she's got a pretty high rate per hour and I think my insurance may not even pay half of it) so I'll post an update at some point about whether I think it really has made a difference.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"