As many of you know, I just one week ago had my MRND, along with my RADICAL Tonsillectomy of the Right Tonsill.

Today, I am pain free and able to eat and drink @ 90% normal.

Seth & I walked a few miles along the ocean today with our Black Lab.

Had a great time...so glad to be getting back to "normal".

Still operating at about 90% of my previous energy levels -- which is something considering I lost 18 pounds in the last 8 days...

I have about 80% of the lateral and up/down mobility I had before the surgery, I can turn my head to the right and left nearly all the way.

The only real permanent cosmetic thing I am upset about is the fact that my normally generous smile looks so bad when I try to smile... :-(

My incision points look VERY good. Clean, well healing and no puss, blood or ooozing. They are looking like the scars may not be too bad.

I have a couple issues I wanted to confirm:

1) The right neck is TIGHT and still totally numb, the right cheek was 100% numb, but now 40%, the right shoulder & upper chest was 100% numb, and now is about 80%. My right ear remains 100% totally numb (except inside the ear canal which is normal, along with normal hearing)...

None of the numbness is 'inside'. It is just on the skin itself if that makes sense.

2) My chin and right jaw are slightly painful on pressure, like a bruise would feel

3) My neck at the base of the skull is very tight and painful, like I slept on it REAL wrong for a week or something...

4) I have a tingly feeling on my chin and incision points, like a 9 volt battery feels on your tongue...Plus occassionally, I feel like Seth sprayed me with a water bottle for a microsecond. In fact a couple of nights ago I hit him in my sleep thinking he was spritzing me with water while I was sleeping in the middle of the night.

5) My right neck and chin area is STILL HUGE!!! About 250% of pre-surgery size. Is there's anything I can do for this, please let me know.

6) My teeth and gums hurt a little, and I can only open my mouth about 75% of presurgery size. Is this normal?

That's it, just wanted to run this onto the board and see what everyone thinks.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.