Minniea,

my daughter has a mickey button because she can not meet her caloric intake. There weren't any problems initially with her mickey or her feeding supplies until we moved to a different area.

The insurance tried denying her supplies and I ended up going through 3 months of appeals against them. What doctor would install a g-tube, peg etc if it wasn't medically necessary? You have to wonder who the idiot is on the other side denying these claims. My daughter's doctor was irate with our insurance company and he was a military doctor as well as tricare which is medical insurance provided to the military by government.... His nurse personally walked into the insurance office with me to raise some stink. I told them Id be sure to be writing my congressmen, newspapers etc if they denied her again. Her feeds are atleast 75% of her nutritional needs. She is able to eat, just won't at times and she is supposed to be on a high cal, high fat diet. Anyhow, like I said after 3 months of appeals and the show in the insurance office they finally approved what she needed. Good luck to you.

Laura T T2NOMO Small Salivary Gland Cancer