Thank you Sharlee and Petey, I just now got back online since I posted this thread. Sorry I felt really washed out for a couple of days. Maybe it was the overload of stress about finances. I'm going to get started on this Monday. Thank you both so much and thanks for the offer Sharlee I take you up on it. I don't mind research I just get impatient, but it's hard to do it with my little boy around to.

I will definatley check into that Petey. The way it was stated to me was that after being on disability for 6 months from full time the company would no longer be paying their portion of my insurance premium meaning I would have to pick up COBRA until I returned to full time. This came as a suprise to me. I am considered a salary exempt employee. I am paid salary but also am paid an hourly OT. The production workers in the plant are all hourly. There were only 10 of us paid this way. I have found that the only benefits handbook that was written was for the hourly production employees. There has never been a handbook for the maintenance dept. Hopefully they will staighten this out and hopefully it works out to my benefit. We'll see soon.

Sharlee thank you again. I will give an update on the help Monday afternoon hopefully. I'm sorry to hear you have to have your tonsils done. Your surgeon is twlling you the truth. I is pretty tough as an adult. Of course I can't really compare it to anything but it was much tougher than the node removals prior to it. I think it took me about 2 1/2 weeks to be able to swallow somewhat easy. I went straight into chemo and rad before I was actually fully healed. I thought it would make the side effects twice as bad but it turned out ok. The only real difficulty I have had is I haven't had the taste for anything since the tonsillectomy because they took 6 tongue biopsies as well. I've had the mucositis for about 3 1/2 weeks now and the tonsillectomy pain is about the same. On the pain scale a 6-8. but not constant, only when you swallow. They gave me roxicet and it worked pretty well. If you don't mind my asking is this a reoccurance. You are on my prayer list either way. Ask anything you need to know about the tonsillectomy I would be glad to share the knowledge I have. Thank you for your research. Keep ya posted. Lee

Lee, age 33, stage 4a, T2N2bM0, Tumor left tonsil (removed), 2 left side nodes removed (poorly differientiatied)total of 3 nodes involved. Treatment IMRT x33/ 2x Cysplatin completed. Good Health and Good Help to you.
Lee