Hello, my dad is going through his cancer treatment at the VA Hospital. They are good, when he can get in to see them. He can only talk to his doctor at the appointment. If he calls he gets a computer. So he can't ask questions about anything until the appointment- two weeks later. This seems like a long wait for someone who needs emergency treatment. He just had two surgeries there and is trying to set up for radiation and chemo and HBO. His doctors are contemplating on the next plan of action. His doc says one thing and his Rad says another.So we wait. What I want to know is will this be the only hospital or facility that will treat him without insurance. He is a retired veteran with no insurance and no chance to get any .(while this going on in his life) It's not that we are not pleased with the VA but we would like more options. If we had a private doctor working with us they would let us talk to the doctors more, they'd call us back, could they get him into treatment faster? I'm not sure if it really makes a difference- or does it?

karen and dad