Hi, has anyone developed herpes after being treated, and run down from oral cancer? This is what they say my sister has. Her tongue and throat are in extreme pain. I am going crazy because I can't believe the pain she is in after two years. She had multiple tests saying its not a re-occurence. She now is on Famvir for herpes and no results are coming from this. Then I try and pursuade her husband to get her the feeding tube , she has lost like 25 pounds in 4 months, is on an Ensure diet of 2500 calories. I just dont beleive that Ensure can possibly be giving her the nutrients she needs. Also, when I mentioned this today, her husband said that if she gets on the feeding tube she might lose her abiltity to swallow all together if she is on it to long. I am ready just to go over there myself and drag her to the hospital. I called her today and she could barely speak. Any advice is appreciated. We all just don't know what to do. Its been like 4 months and progressively getting worse. No doctors have any answers.