My sister is in her 5th week of radiation (out of 6) for cancer of tonsils. She is having a pretty rough time this week.
She goes in twice a day for her treatment. On Mondays she sees her oncologist. All is going as it should. She was given
suppositories to help w/ nausea since she cannot keep down the other medication she took orally. As of this afternoon she started
running a fever and just cannot hold anything down. The radiologists have said that she probably has the flu since this is not a condition (fever)
of her radiation treatments. They are saying she continues w/ the fever and vomiting she will have to stay all day at the cancer institute tomorrow
and be I.V'd. She is only 44 and has a family, but I feel that this could be potentially very dangerous and I feel that her oncologist should be told right away.
She is so sick and the family has a wait and see attitude. I want to step in and call the oncologist myself and have him aware of her condition since he saw her on Monday.
I am trying not to butt in but I just want everything that can be done done... confused