Hello. I too am chiming in a little late, but I thought I'd mention some things that helped us.

1.) My dad's bowel movements have been pretty infrequent. He takes Colace (Rx) and Senokot-S (OTC) every day, plus a Dulcolax suppository if he's really getting inpatient. (The suppository seems to do the trick within an hour!)

3.) As your docs about Radiaplex for the radiation burns. My dad has used it pretty religiously (3x/day) and his skin has held up really well. No blisters, bleeding, etc. In my dads case, the Erbitux rash eased up a LOT after the first couple of weeks. Hopefully you'll experience the same.

4.) The throat issues seem to steadily worsen. However, be aware of what he is using. My dad was given a "magic mouthwash" that just tore his mouth apart. He used it the first time in the second week of radiation and his mouth pretty much erupted in ulcers. He stopped using it and his mouth healed quite a bit...until the increasing radiation made it worse again.
Also, my dad started with the mouth rinse to prevent thrush. He could NOT take that either. He was switched to Diflucan, which was easier on his mouth and he has yet to get thrush...knock on wood.

One last thing, if you don't mind, I'd like to email you the "drug log" me and my mom have been using to monitor what my dad takes. I think this is especially important when there are two caregivers, since you're probably not staying up on his meds on your "off" days. The log we used it just kind of a modified version of the one on this site. (Which I believe can be found in the "getting through it" posts.)

Good luck!

Stephanie -
Father (60yr., nonsmoker, social drinker) dx 6/18/07 w/ Stage4a SCC tonsil. Mets to 3 LN. Induct. chemo (taxol,carboplatin,erbitux) 6/28-8/14; Concurrent Chemo(cisplatin&erbitux) w/ IMRT x 44 8/20-10/2. Surgery to come.