Jim,

This probably should have been posted under "Currently in Treatment" but hopefully you will get responses here. If not I would repost it there.

That said, remember everyone can react differently to the same treatment (Tx) but most of us did have nausea issues with concurrent chemo/radiation. There are meds that you will be given for nausea and if they don't work let your docs/nurses know because maybe they can find ones that work for you.

Now I didn't have any surgery before my Tx so hopefully someone will respond that is closer to what you are going thru.

Hang tough.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.