Hi Rosie,

Sorry for my delayed response. My mom has been living with her peg since August, 2003. She's generally able to get 3 to 4 cans of two-cal down a day. Her problem is difficulty swallowing due to radiation. Her throat has been stretched twice. The doc suggested doing it again, but given the info I have, I don't know that I'm comfortable doing it anymore. The only other thing I can think of, and I'd talk with the doctor before doing it, is consider one of those powder drink mixes. There's one called Weight Gainer 1850 that I got for my dad when he was diagnosed with cancer. It's high calorie, low fat with a bunch of vitamins. I found it at a store called GNC. I think it's a national store so you should be able to find it in your local phone book. Wish I could offer more suggestions.
Best regards,
Dave

Mom's caregvr. DDS failed to dx 01/03. Dx Stg IV SCC 05/03. Induct. chemo, IMRT, 5FU, H, Iressa, Neck disect, radiation. Dad's caregvr. Dx 01/04 Ext. Stg SCLC. Mets to liver/bone 08/04. Died 11/12/04. Mom tongue CA dx 06/13, hemiglossectomy (80% removed) 08/13. Clean margins and nodes, but PNI. 6/15/15: Tongue CA at base of remnant tongue. Declined further tx; hospice.
Died 10/13/15. What a long and difficult journey.