This is an appropriate topic, though one most of us do not wish to think about. Christine seems to have a good idea, and that is to discuss with you her personal experience with this situation through emails. I know there are others here who will likely also email you directly with their experiences. We never censor anything that is put on the board, but my guidance here is that there are many people currently in treatment who are having a great deal of anxiety about their situation. We should think about them as we ask and answer some of these delicate questions. They need to be addressed, but I believe Christine has taken the right approach. This allows those that need or want to know details which may be disturbing to some, to still be able to get the information from those willing to share it.

I urge people that have questions, no matter how delicate or possibly disturbing, to ask them. You will certainly have people respond to you privately, as this is a group that has people with a broad range of experiences. In spite of the pain some here have suffered, they are a giving and caring group that will email you the answers that you need.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.