Hi All:

I just want to check in from Texas where I am here this week doing doctoral work and hopefully will catch up with Danny and Dinah in the process. As the moderator of this area of the forum, I thank Brian for his willingness to monitor and respond in my absence. But,in my hovering way (I share this with Dee), I felt the need to see what is up while I am away. While reading the posts here with a fresh eye, it strikes me that Mandi,your pain is palpable and your emotional needs may feel both paramount and simultaneously ignored. Having walked this walk of self-doubt, anger, and a major yearning for a huge pity party, I empathize with your place and your pain.I urge you to reframe feeling admonished into feeling accepted here at the very place you are right now however sleep deprived and awful you may feel.I believe the person feeling admonished is you...but you can't take on cancer so it's safer to take on fellow forum members. The bottom line is that emotional turmoil can be ugly but the outcome of the struggle can be pretty over time and with good support. I hope you trust you are among friends here.

Kim

kcdc
Wife of Dave,diagnosed with Stage III Tonsillar SCC,August '02
Modified radical neck dissection followed by radiation therapy
'There is glory and radiance in the darkness and to see we have only to look"