Dear Friends,

The article I wrote last year about the importance of "Early Detection" has now been published for the third time. The latest magazine to pick it up, was my state dental journal. The Pennsylvania Dental Association Journal reaches 6,000 plus dentists and many other health care providers in the surrounding area.

As a result of this article being published, I have been asked to setup and run an Oral Cancer Screening booth at an upcoming Valley Forge Dental Convention, to be held in March of 2008. We will get the ball rolling at this year's meeting, on March 2nd.

I am excited that I have been asked to do this and hope that it will stimulate some of my colleagues to get their acts together and provide thorough screenings for their patients.

In order to increase the awareness of the importance of "Early Detection", my office manager and I decided to offer our community free oral cancer screenings during the month of January. Since all of our patients already receive free screenings at their intial appointments and all subsequent checkups, we have included a notice in our office's email newsletter, in the hope that our patients will tell their relatives and friends about this chance to be checked.

I would like to wish all of you a very Happy and Safe New Year.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"