Thanks Brian, Dr. Jerry and Carol. I'm sorry if I gave that impression. No, I will remain. I am just experiencing some anger and disbelief at this lousey situation our Aunt is in, as is my husband and my Uncle. We are now experiencing "the calm before the storm" so to speak. Soon I will be switching hats from relative to helping caregiver as my Aunt begins to lose her battle to this beast. I have promised my Uncle that I will be there to help him take care of my Aunt when hospice steps in. In addition, my mother-in-law (Aunt Rosemary's sister) is one of those rare "unknown primary" patients for whom SCC plays a significant role and although I am not close to her and will not be involved in her care, I am following the details of her battle and treatment through my husband and our family members. <sigh> It's damned hard when people put up a good fight and every attempt to put out this forest fire fails.

Niece to Aunt Ro- Dx: 4/03. SCC Stg 4 BOT with mets to fl of mth & crvcl lymph node. AdenoC 1 sal gland. Two add. reconstrc. surgeries for adhesions. Recurrence 7/06- Sub-Mand AdenoC. Mets to both lungs. Lost her battle 5/4/07.