Dear Miss Danner,

I was diagnosed in April of 2003 and of course death was a reality for me. My biggest concerns and worries were for my children, how they would handle losing me. Reading your husband's story helped me enormously as it was evident that you both had a close relationship with your children, as do my husband and myself. Everytime I see a picture of your daughter, Gwenyth, in the papers (which is quite often!), and it shows her as such a happy and content person, I feel relief. She has ceased to be a movie star to me and has become a shining example of how well our children can cope with losing us, so it puts my fears to rest. Thank you for sharing your story with the world, it helps far more then you realize.
Minnie Ashworth

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.