Hi everyone! I've been away from the boards for a while (death in my family and I'm working on an oral cancer public awareness project that is taking up a lot of my free time) but I didn't see any postings about this upcoming walk in New York on April 15th that will benefit the Oral Cancer Foundation. Forgive me if I missed it and there has already been a big discussion.

I would like to encourage any OCFers who can get to New York on April 15th to get out and walk and raise some money for the foundation. Last year Minnie, Danny Boy, Carole, Tom and Nikki, Rosie, and I (sorry if I forgot anyone), and some of our families got together for the walk in Virginia and had a great time. It was pretty windy, but we still had fun.

This year, the walk is being organized by some dental students from NYU and co-sponsored by OCF, The Yul Brenner Foundation, the Oral Cancer Consortium, NYU Collge of Dentistry and ABC Channel 7. I am working to get dental practices from New Jersey and New York to come walk that day.

Last year my family and I raised a lot of money for OCF and we plan to do it again this year. Anyone interested in joing my family and I in New York?

Barb

SCC tongue, stage I (T1N0M0), partial glossectomy and modified neck dissection 7/1/03